Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quotes - Mine and Others

Mine (This is some of the advice I find myself giving to others. They are words that I want to keep in mind myself.):

  1. Suck the juice out of life.

  2. Humor is the grease of life.

  3. Happiness is a process, not a destination.

  4. Care ... about people (kindness) and about ideas (curiosity).

  5. The first person to ask is yourself


My favorite quotes:

  1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. -- Mahatma Gandhi

  2. Happiness is wanting what you get, NOT getting what you want. - Robert A. Heinlein

  3. The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. -- George Bernard Shaw

  4. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. -- Thomas Jefferson

  5. Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable. -- John Patrick in The Teahouse of the August Moon

  6. It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. -- Sam Levenson

  7. Wisdom begins in wonder. -- Socrates

  8. We may give advice, but not the sense to use it. -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

  9. The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. -- Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

  10. Take what you need, and find solace where you can. -- Crispen Sartwell

  11. Life is too important to be taken seriously. -- Oscar Wilde

  12. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. -- Alphonse Karr

  13. Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

  14. ... When I am working on a problem , I never think about beauty .I think of only how to solve the problem . But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong . " -- Buckminster Fuller

  15. It's not just the slam of a door, or the clang of a gate that imprisons.
    It is, more often, the silent closing of the mind to reason." -- In some article I read which I now can't find

  16. At the end of all Seeking . . . the Seeker is the one Sought. -- Christopher Wynter

  17. "Wisdom consists in knowing what to do with what you know." - Anonymous

No comments: